These paper bunnies were inspired by these adorable felt bunnies from Crate & Barrel.
The Crate bunnies have great texture, but I wanted something with pattern so I started with printed scrapbook paper that I cut down to 8.5" x 11" to fit into my printer. You could also use colored card stock and skip pasting two printed sides together.
- Print this template on the wrong side of the printed paper. Try printing at 50% or 75% to make different size bunnies.
- Cut out the two shapes.
- Use a glue stick to paste wrong sides together onto the other half of the scrapbook paper.
- Cut the shapes out again using the original as a guide.
- Cut a slit in each shape as shown. Widen the slits as necessary to accommodate the thickness of your paper.
- Slide the bunny base (with the tail) down over the body (with the ears) so the bunny stands on its own. If necessary, trim the bases to stand straight.
Arrange & enjoy!