I love this Missouri Star Quilt Co. Quilt Snips Mini Tutorial of the "Crosswalk" block.
I made a sample out of leftover strips from a "Sumatra Batiks" jellyroll (2.5-inch strips) by Blank Quilting, and a piece of buttery gold sheeting.
I liked the block so much I added a few borders to make a 21-inch square and made a pillow top out of my sample block:
- I hand quilted the block with batting and a lightweight backing.
- I pressed some iron-on batting to a 21-inch square of leftover sheeting for the back of the pillow cover.
- Using a cording foot, I covered 2/5 yards of 1/4-inch cording with left-over strips of the batik prints,
- and, using a zipper foot stitched the cording to the quilted pillow top.
- With right-sides-together, I sewed the quilt top and the pillow back together around all edges, leaving a 12-inch opening on one side to turn the pillow cover.
- I turned the pillow cover, inserted a 20-inch pillow form purchased from Jo-Ann Fabric and stitched the opening shut.
|Pillow top made by Linda Theil using Missouri Star Quilt Co. "Crosswalk" Quilt Snips Mini Tutorial -- Dec. 2016|
A longer form of the "Crosswalk" tutorial is available at "The Crosswalk Quilt" by Missouri Star Quilt Co.