Mine is simpler, but I think it turned out cute. Played with Mom (a formidable opponent) and we both thought it was challenging! ;)
You'll need 8 different fabrics. I chose colors, but these could be animal prints, cars & trucks...anything! You'll also need felt, we used heavyweight wool felt but craft felt would work. We used iron-on interfacing to stiffen the fabrics before sewing to the felt backing.
- Cut two 2.5" squares from each of the fabrics
- Cut 16 2.5" squares of interfacing
- Cut 16 3.5" squares of felt backing
- Iron the interfacing to the wrong side of the fabric squares
- Pin the stiffened fabric squares to the center of the felt squares and stitch around the edge
- Iron each square
- Cut the felt down to the finished 3" size
I didn't start with 3.5" felt squares, so mine couldn't be trimmed much and look a bit warped. I'd also try using a double-sided iron-on product next time so that the stitching could be purely decorative (or even skipped).
I think I'll make a little drawstring bag to keep these in and this will be a sweet little present!